- Resources (old)
Vitae provides support and tools to promote collaboration and encourage the sharing of resources and expertise within the higher education sector.
Our aim is to enhance the quality of training and support for researchers throughout the United Kingdom. To do this we:
- provide a link between communities of practice to enable excellence to be identified and passed between them
- encourage the Higher Education sector to learn from good practice in other sectors and to share its own innovations, providing the means to do so
- identify innovative practice that has the potential for national application, pilot and disseminate it
- provide access to quality information and resources to inform your own activities.
- Database of practice
- Vitae programmes
- Database of resources
- Database of trainers and developers
- Database of career stories
- Innovation and development
The Database of practice provides over 600 examples of practice relating to the skills and career development of researchers, on a searchable database, added by the sector.
Building on the breadth of knowledge and experience of both its own team and its networks, Vitae programmes offer a number of training and development opportunities freely available to the Higher Education sector to use as part of your own institutional or regional activities.
Our Database of resources offers access to a range of resources designed for organisers of researcher training, ranging from skills sessions to career planning. This resource includes the capability for our networks to upload their own materials and resources.
Access our Database of trainers and developers, which has been set up to provide higher education institutions, and others who work with researchers, with access to experienced individuals working in the field of researcher training and development.
The Database of career stories provides access to the career stories of hundreds of people with a doctorate or research background, searchable by research subject, employment sector and story theme. We encourage you to upload your own career story or collection of stories to the database.
Keep up to date with the latest developments and innovations from Vitae and the sector-led working group The Rugby Team. Current Vitae activities include the taking forward of a second phase of our intrapreneurship project, which is focussing on developing practice.