- Previous events
- Vitae SWW Hub: Focus On... Marketing Tips & Techniques - a workshop for staff supporting researchers
Vitae SWW Hub: Focus On... Marketing Tips & Techniques - a workshop for staff supporting researchers10 June 2010
SORRY-THIS COURSE IS NOW FULL.NO MORE BOOKINGS WILL BE TAKEN
- How do you persuade researchers to attend your skills development courses?
- How do you reach the hard-to-reach?
- How do you convince supervisors and PIs of the benefits their researchers gain from your programme?
- How to you manage the profile of your programme in your institution?
By effective marketing of course, and this one day workshop aims to give you some tips and techniques in the art of marketing. The workshop is facilitated by Rosemary Stamp from Stamp Consulting (see below).
9.30 - 10.00 Arrival, registration and refreshments
10.00- 10.45 Introduction to the seminar
Core learning module 1
The market context
- Marketing in principle and practice
- Your competitive market place
- Tailoring communications channels to your audiences
- Good and bad practice in communications
- The secrets of successful communications planning and management
10.45 - 11.00 Refreshments
11.00 - 12.00 Core learning module 2:
Developing a service proposition that works
- Mini practical: the elevator sell for your service
- Getting your message across
Practical challenge: Communicating your proposition
12.00 - 12.30 Report back from practical
12.30 - 13.15 Lunch
13.15 - 14.00 Core learning module 3:
- The success (and failure) factors of campaign planning
- Understanding the marketing mix
- The role of market research: approaches and options
- Effective targeting and engagement
- Differentiation: can you make the offer irresistible?
- Stand out from the crowd!
- Identify, segment and target your stakeholders
- Using the marketing and communications mix effectively
- Managing your personal profile effectively
14.00 - 14.30 Practical challenge:
Planning marketing activity
14.30 - 14.45 Refreshments (practical continues...)
14.45 - 15.15 Report back from practical
15.15 - 16.00 Q and A surgery for specific challenges
Priority setting: an introduction
Action planning for the future
University of the West of England
- Staff supporting researchers development
South West and Wales
- Vitae SWW Hub
- Anne Goodman
- Room 2S704, UWE, Bristol
see map of campus
This event is FREE, however, please note if you book a place and cancel within a week of the event, a cancellation fee of £50 will be levied.
Rosemary Stamp MA MSc MIoD MCIPR FCIM, Director: Stamp Consulting
Rosemary Stamp is Director and Principal Consultant of Stamp Consulting. Her clients range from higher education institutions, government departments, international media and newscorporations through to national governments.
Before founding Stamp Consulting Ltd in 2006, Rosemary was Director of the Strategic Consulting Group, Euro RSCG Riley, for six years. While at Euro she also held the roles of Group Brand Director and National Director for Education Marketing. Prior to joining Euro in 1998,Rosemary was director of student marketing, research and recruitment for the University of Warwick.