- Previous events
- Vitae SWW Hub: Focus on..Resilience - workshop for staff supporting researchers
Vitae SWW Hub: Focus on..Resilience - workshop for staff supporting researchers13 July 2011
PLEASE NOTE THIS EVENT IS NOW FULL AND A WAITING LIST IS IN OPERATION. PLEASE CONTACT ANNE GOODMAN at firstname.lastname@example.org TO BE PUT ON THIS LIST.
Resilience: the set of skills and behaviours needed to be successful in the midst of a fast-paced and continuously changing work environment.
- Do you have these skills?
- How do you handle uncertainty?
- How do you cope with change?
- Do you have confidence in who you are and what you do?
- Can you bounce back?
The Vitae SWW Hub is offering you the opportunity to attend a FREE one day workshop which will tackle these issues and help you to develop resilience in yourself and in others. ( Please note there will be some pre-course work - see below.)
Wednesday July 13 10.30 - 16.00
University of the West of England, Bristol
- to understand the concept of resilience, what it means and how it can be built.
- to understand your own resilience profile, where you are strong and where you can develop.
- to identify ways to develop the resilience of others with whom you work
What does it mean and what does it take to be resilient as an individual?
- Introduction to the theme, what is resilience and why does it matter?
- Using the Touching the Void we introduce 4 elements of resilience that make a difference in situations of pressure and stress
- Consider our strengths and weaknesses in terms of Resilience and identify ways to develop both
Building Resilience in others by applying the 4 elements of resilience
As practitioners how can we help build other people's resilience?
- Identify the top 'resilience sapping' issues facing us and our clients
- Use a creative process to generate ideas for resolving them
- Record Actions by using the Resilient Leader's Development Plan
Prior to the course participants will be asked
- to undertake a Resilient Leaders Assessment
- to watch a film - ‘Touching the Void' ( DVD will be provided)
Details will be sent once your booking has been received.
- Staff supporting researchers development
South West and Wales
- Vitae SWW Hub
- Anne Goodman, Hub Manager
- UWE, Bristol
Venue informationRoom 2D74 Executive Development Centre Faculty of Business & LawBlock D Frenchay Campus
The workshop is FREE - however if you cancel your place within a week of teh event, a CANCELLATION FEE of £50 will be levied.
The workshop will be facilitated by Rachel McGil, Director, Sunray7
Rachel McGill has over twenty years of leadership development experience that began when she was commissioned into the Royal Army Ordnance Corps in 1989. Rachel became the youngest Captain in the Ordnance Corps in 1993. During this time she led a successful world record breaking attempt for the fastest drive around the globe and lead a logistics team that supported a UN mission to Angola. After 8 years in the Army Rachel left to work with young people doing vocational management training and during that time began working as a consultant for different organisations in the field of change management and leadership development.
Rachel now heads up Sunray7, a consultancy that specialises in building Resilience in individuals, teams and organisations, specifically their ability to lead in times of change, uncertainty and crisis.
Sunray7's programmes of development, consultancy and coaching support help individuals and teams do the following:
- Innovate and increase their ability to adapt and grow
- Create and implement change and development that is critical for success
- Raise motivation, energy and confidence so that people become and remain effective even in tough times