‘What Do PhDs Do?’ (WDPD?) is the first ever analysis of the official first destination statistics of PhD graduates in the UK. It shows clear evidence of the broad appeal of a PhD and other doctoral qualifications to employers across the labour market.
WDPD? is designed to help:
- PhD researchers make well informed career choices
- careers advisers understand the breadth of potential careers
- supervisors understand the transferable nature of the competencies developed during a PhD and the range of careers available to researchers
- prospective PhD students see where having a PhD may take them
- employers understand what PhD graduates can offer them
Within this report we present information on How to use 'What Do PhDs Do?'