Researchers’ mobility portals
Previously known as the Researchers' Mobility Portal, Euraxess was a joint initiative of the European Commission and the 33 countries under European Union's Sixth Framework Programme for research. Its purpose is to create a more favourable environment for career development and job vacancies for researchers in the European Research Area.
EURAXESS provides access through links to a selection of international, European, national, regional and sectoral web resources covering:
- general information about research fellowships and grants
- research job vacancies and job offers published by the different sectors within the European research community (universities, industry, research organisations, foundations, etc.)
- practical information about administrative and legal issues when moving from one country to another, as well as up to-date information about cultural and family-related aspects (housing, schooling, day-care, language courses, etc.)
- general information about research policies relevant to the career development of researchers in Europe.
In addition to the information provided through the above-mentioned links, EURAXESS also offers the following services:
- research organisations may advertise their research jobs and search for suitable candidate to recruit. The service is completely free of charge
- researchers may add their CVs to the Researcher's Mobility Job Database
- access to the network of National Researcher's Mobility Portals, which offers customised assistance to researchers and their families in all matters concerning their professional and daily lives
- access to other training or career resources for researchers.
The Researcher's Mobility Portal: United Kingdom
The United Kingdom Mobility Portal is hosted by the British Council and provides up-to-date information and assistance to researchers undertaking research positions either within the United Kingdom or abroad.
The portal covers all aspects of mobility for researchers.
- ‘Working in the UK' for information on visas, work permits, finances, qualification recognition and intellectual property rights.
- ‘Living and Practical Guide' for information on UK healthcare, social security, accommodation, day care and schooling.
- ‘UK News' provides up to date science and technology news from the UK.
- ‘Research' provides an overview of the UK research landscape including funding, policy, mobility, UK events and testimonials.
- ‘Job Vacancies' provides details of forthcoming positions within Europe.
- ‘UK Network of Mobility Centres' provides access to a UK wide customised assistance service offered by the UK Network of Mobility Centres.
- ‘Out of the UK' provides access to information relating to working out of the UK, both within and out of the EU.
Comment on this page.