Careers in focus events give postgraduate researchers an insight into a specific career.
Developed in response to requests from postgraduate researchers, Careers in focus events are one day events in which employers share their knowledge with postgraduate researchers in an interactive way.
The aim of the Careers in focus programme is to combine:
- information about careers in specific sectors
- a chance to explore the skills and competencies required to succeed in roles within that sector
- opportunities to network with employees from that sector, find out what it's really like, and how to make a successful application
- opportunities to inform employers about what research is being undertaken at institutions through their postgraduate researchers.
Our 2009 programme included events for the following sectors:
Over the last five years we have also worked with Professional Services and Management Consultancy. View our archive of previous Careers in Focus events.
The employers that have been involved include:
- Barclays Capital
- Credit Suisse
- Deutsche Bank
- JP Morgan
- Lehman Brothers
- Merrill Lynch
- Morgan Stanley
- The Boston Consulting Group
- Ernst & Young
- McKinsey & Company
- PriceWaterhouse Coopers
- The Institute of Chartered Accountants.
Comment on this page.