- Regional Hubs
- London Hub
- Internships - providing the best opportunities for postgraduate researchers
Internships - providing the best opportunities for postgraduate researchers29 May 2012
BOOKINGS FOR THIS EVENT ARE NOW CLOSED
Vitae London Hub Good practice event
Registration in the MacMillan Hall is from 09.30 unti 10.00 when the event will begin. It is intended to finish at 16.30. See venue information for map.
Following the Wilson Review of business and university collaborations and recent Research Council initiatives this event will provide an opportunity to formulate best practice in the setting up and running of internship schemes for PgRs including an insight into what employers can gain from internships and how to make the most of an internship looking at it from a PgR point of view.
The event is open to all those involved with implementing policy for researcher development within institutions and staff supporting the professional and career development of researchers , including Pro-Vice Chancellors of Research, Heads of Graduate Schools, Career Advisers, H R professionals and Researcher Developer Advisers etc.
The event is not intended for postgraduate researchers themselves.
The programme will include the following:
- The Vitae national perspective and overview
- Internship scheme case studies - including Nottingham University
- Research Councils - BBSRC and ESRC
- Careers Group University of London Survey
- How to achieve Academic engagement
- Q and A panel involving all speakers
You will also hear from
- PgR students who have undertaken an internship
- Employers who have been involved with internships and CASE studentships
The day will include a sandwich lunch and plenty of time to network. You must pre-register for the event which will be free of charge to participants.
To ensure your place at this event register here
University of London, Senate House
- Staff supporting researchers development
- Vitae London Hub
- Kay Dorelli
- University of London, Senate House
The MacMillan Hall
The University of London
London WC1E 7HU
The event is free of charge but pre-registration is required