- Regional Hubs
- Scotland and Northern Ireland Hub
- Preparing for the Research Excellence Framework: Researcher development, the environment and future impact
Preparing for the Research Excellence Framework: Researcher development, the environment and future impact11 July 2012
Audience: Staff supporting researcher development, Research managers, Supervisors and Policy makers
This good practice workshop will explore how staff supporting researcher development can best support their institution:
- in returning on the environment criteria in the upcoming Research Excellence Framework (REF) assessment
- in developing impactful research leaders of the future.
REF is the new system for assessing the quality of research in UK higher education institutions. It will replace the Research Assessment Exercise (RAE) and will be completed in 2014. A key component of the REF, carrying a weighting of 15%, is to provide a research environment with ‘vitality and sustainability'. This includes elements such as professional development and implementing the Concordat principles.
This workshop will provide the researcher development sector with:
- an overview of the REF
- institutional examples of research environments with vitality and sustainability
- Vitae's approach to the REF
- the opportunity to input into future Vitae developments
- the opportunity to share and improve practice
- the opportunity to network with peers from across the UK
For more information, click the programme tab above.
To book your place, complete the booking form found here.
Book your place
To book your place on this event, click here
- Staff supporting researchers development
Policy makers and national stakeholders
East of England
Scotland and Northern Ireland
South West and Wales
Yorkshire and the North East
51 Lever Street (The Hive)
The Studio is a 5-10 minute walk from Manchester Piccadilly train station and there are car parks nearby. For full travel directions, click here
Free, open to staff supporting researcher development across the UK. Refreshments, lunch and a networking reception will be provided.