Researcher development evaluation
Researcher training and development evaluation methodology
Any evaluation of the impact of training and development activity presents significant challenges. This section summarises those challenges both in broad terms and specific to researcher development within the higher education sector and outlines the approach to meeting the challenges. Here the word ‘methodology' covers not only an approach to the evaluation of a specific training and development event or programme, but also the ‘methodology' of engaging, supporting and mobilising a sector nationally in evaluation of impact. Both aspects of methodology are key and must work together.
- Key challenges
- Developing the Framework - an impact framework that works as both an evaluation methodology and a national framework against which all evaluations can be mapped (Quick Guide) Hyperlink ‘quick guide'
- What is the Rugby Team Impact Framework?
- What is the purpose of the Rugby Team Impact Framework?
- An explanation of the impact levels
- Implementing the framework
The future - An enhanced comprehensive evidence base for researcher development
The aim is to present a comprehensive sector report on the evidence base for researcher training and development activity at the Vitae national conference in September 2010.