Leadership in action - non residential
15 December 2010 - 17 December 2010
London School of Economics and Political Science
This 3 day non residential course will allow you to explore and develop your leadership skills. You will have the opportunity to look at relevant theory, practice your leadership style and receive feedback.
Attending this course would be relevant for you if you answer ‘yes' to one or more of the following questions.
Do you want to...
- develop your leadership skills?
- explore the concept of leadership?
- build confidence in your own leadership style?
o learn more about your strengths and weaknesses
o understand your personal values and how you make decisions
o recognise your achievements and how to use these to create future success
- give yourself more choices in how you lead?
o Understand the impact you have on those who you are leading
o Develop and maintain a sense of direction
o Influence people towards a common goal/purpose
- identify how these skills can benefit you in your current role?
What will it involve?
The course will be attended by up to 36 researchers from across London, from different disciplines and career stages. The course will be led by a team of experienced facilitators who will work with you throughout the 3 days to support your learning. They will be from a variety of backgrounds with experience in leadership, academia and other sectors.
This course takes a ‘learning by doing' approach. There will be presentations on leadership theory, but for the most part, you will be actively participating in the sessions and activities.
This is an intensive 3 day non residential course. When registering for the course you will be expected to attend for the full duration.
What's in it for you?
This course offers you the opportunity to:
- explore leadership both in theory and in practice
- work with a team of experienced facilitators from a range of career backgrounds, who will ensure you get the most out of the 3 days
- meet researchers from a variety of disciplines, backgrounds and career stages
- develop your understanding of leadership theory and how to apply it in practice
- receive feedback on your leadership style and how you can develop it
- take a few days out from your research both physically and mentally, and have some space in which to consider yourself and your next steps
This event is open to research staff and postgraduate researchers from institutions from the London region, subject to availability.
Places will be allocated on a first-come-first-serve basis and once all of the places are full, applicants will be placed on a waiting list.
Places for the 3 day course were originally adevertised at £150 per participant but the event is now free to attend.
Now free to attend.
Book a place...
Download the flyer
Showing Results 1 - 0 of 0
- Sorry, there are no results matching your criteria. Please try again.
Showing Results 1 - 0 of 0