- Supervisors & managers
- Every Researcher Counts: equality and diversity in researcher careers in HEIs
- Project objectives
The objectives of the work programme will be to:
Vitae aims to achieve these objectives by:
- providing leadership to mainstream equality and diversity as part of higher education research workforce development
- building on existing structures and mechanisms to embed equality and diversity within Concordat-related activities
- developing a strategic partnership with the Equality Challenge Unit (ECU), and other key stakeholders with an interest in equality and diversity relating to research staff
- making excellence visible through sharing practice and developing resources.
- equality and diversity specialists within higher education institutions to raise their understanding of the challenges relating to building the capacity of the research staff workforce.
Vitae will work with a range of stakeholders within higher education to achieve these objectives, specifically:
- staff supporting researchers, including staff developers, human resources specialists, careers advisors, to raise their understanding of the equality and diversity requirements and challenges relating to the development of research staff
- principal investigators and senior academic staff to raise their understanding of the equality and diversity requirements and challenges relating to the management and leadership of research staff.