Effective researcher: The end is in sight23 February 2012
Audience: Postgraduate researchers
Are you in the final year of your PhD? Then this programme has been designed specifically for you. The programme focuses on completing your PhD and how to be successful in searching for jobs. In particular, this course will cover:
- What it takes to be an effective researcher in the final stages of your PhD
- How to plan and write a thesis
- Recognising and managing stress
- Expert panel answers your questions (How to prepare and manage your final stage, Completing the thesis, Having a successful viva)
- Life after the PhD
- An appreciation of the skills you have developed during your PhD and how these translate into future employment
- Confidence in your ability to communicate your research and the skills you have developed
- How to write a CV
Please note bookings for this event have now closed. We are operating a waiting list for this event. To be added, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Postgraduate researchers.
- North West
- Vitae NW Hub
University of Bolton, futher venue details to be emailed to participants
Free. Open to postgraduate researchers in their final year studying at NW universities. Lunch and refreshments will be provided. You will be expected to cover your own travel expenses.