There are currently no events planned - click here to 'register your interest'
This interactive one-day event is aimed at postgraduate researchersand will enable you to:
- review the current higher education environment
- meet with successful academics from a range of disciplines to hear how they advanced their academic career
- understand the balance required between skills, achievements and building your professional profile
- review where you are in your career, where you want to be and how to get there
- ask questions that you've always wanted to but weren't sure who to ask network with fellow researchers
- develop an action plan to strategically manage your career.
The research carried out by the UK's higher education sector is held in extremely high regard by the international community. In producing 8% of the world's scientific papers and 13% of the world's most highly cited works, the UK ranks second only to the USA. The UK's research staff are central to this achievement*.
Like most careers, there are many elements that are required in order to develop a successful academic career and these are not always transparent. This event addresses how to succeed in a competitive and complex research environment and will allow you to think about the pros and cons of different career options available.
*What are HEI research staff for?, Rugby Team, 2007