- Courses and events
- Diary of events
- Digital researcher: Managing your networks and building your profile
Digital researcher: Managing your networks and building your profile15 March 2010
The British Library and Vitae are running a one day event on 15 March 2010 exploring the use of Web 2.0 in research, networks and building researchers own profiles.
The interactive event, held at the British Library, is for postgraduate researchers and research staff. It will include presentations and interactive sessions on subjects such as microblogging, RSS feeds, social networking and social citation sharing. The day is being held to help develop the skills needed for research in an increasingly digital world and will give ideas for managing information.
On the day you will have the opportunity to gain an understanding of:
- the role that online networks can play in supporting research and researchers' careers
- how to manage your online profile (positively)
- how to build networks to support your research and career
- the range of different tools that are available to support you and your research
This event takes an experiential learning approach and participants are required to come equipped with a laptop in order to connect to the internet (other technologies such as notebooks, phones, itouch etc can be used in the place of a laptop if necessary).
Places on this event are now full.
Digital researcher blog
A blog space related to this event has now been set up for everyone involved or anyone who has an interest to share thoughts and information before, on and after the event. Please take a look and add your own posts and comments.
Please note we have set up a hashtag for posts on blogs and social networking sites such as twitter. The hashtag is #DR10. Please include this tag in anything related to the digital researcher.
96 Euston Road
- Postgraduate researchers.
- Vitae, British Library
- Places are free to all postgraduate researchers and research staff
- Participants will need to cover their own travel expenses
- Please, check the programme tab for more information
- Please, click here to apply