Terms and conditions for trainers/developers
Key information about the trainer and developer database:
- trainers and developers can enter, onto the database, self-declared information about their experience and capabilities, including information about their UK GRAD/Vitae experience
- trainers and developers can choose to either publish or not publish their information on the Vitae website. If they choose to publish their information then it will be publically accessible to any users of the Vitae website (Worldwide) and users will be able to contact them in order to employ their services for work. If they choose not to publish their information then it will remain private and confidential to Vitae and CRAC (eg GRADschool tutors who may wish to keep their information confidential to CRAC and Vitae). N.B. once published, the information may remain available via search engines for a time after unpublishing. This is due to the way search engines function, and is entirely out of Vitae's control
- trainers and developers can choose to publish or unpublish their details at any time, though after unpublishing there may be a delay until search engines register this
- if a trainer or developer wishes to have their record removed from the database then they will need to notify CRAC and Vitae by sending an email to email@example.com. CRAC and Vitae will then be able to remove the information from the database. After removal, search engines may still have the information in their memory for a short time. This is entirely out of Vitae’s control
- trainers and developers can enter the contact details for up to two referees on condition they have received written permission to display their name and contact details on the database and, if published, on the internet
- there is a facility for trainers and developers to upload a photo of themselves as well as a CV
- trainers and developers can include up to 3 testimonials from people they have worked with, on condition they have received written permission to display the testimonials on the database
- those wishing to employ the services of a trainer will have the facility to filter the database/search results by geographical availability, experience by audience, types of researcher development activities, specialist subject areas, and related links to resources on the database of resources and database of practice.
- CRAC or Vitae are not responsible for any information uploaded by the trainer or developer, and does not accept any liability arising out of any reliance placed on the information supplied by the same.
By uploading material to this website you agree to the following terms and conditions:
You confirm that any material you upload to the website will not infringe the rights of any third party or be unlawful in any other respect, and that the material does not contain any information that is derogatory, defamatory or obscene or that will bring CRAC or Vitae into disrepute or ridicule.
You take full legal responsibility for the information and files you upload and are responsible for updating your own information via the website to ensure that the information is up to date. CRAC shall only make the information available on an "AS IS" and "AS AVAILABLE" basis and shall not take any steps to verify the information you supply.
You must not misuse the website to disseminate any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, damage, destroy or limit the functionality of any IT software or hardware.
CRAC is not responsible for any information uploaded by you, and does not accept any liability arising out of any reliance placed by any third party on the information you supply.
You agree to indemnify CRAC against any claims made by any third party that any of their rights have been breached or infringed as a result of you uploading your content to the website or against any claims arising from your breach of these terms.
By uploading your personal details to the website, and choosing not to make public, you give consent to CRAC and Vitae to process that personal information for the purposes of CRAC and Vitae. If you choose to make your personal details public to the website, then you give consent to CRAC and Vitae to publish and process your personal information. In addition, you undertake to comply with all regulations under the Data Protection Act 1998 and any subsequent amendments, and to conform to the Data Protection Principles set out in that Act or any binding directions given by the Information Commissioner.
The views and opinions of trainers and developers listed on this database do not necessarily reflect those of CRAC or Vitae. CRAC and Vitae shall not be responsible for any information uploaded by the trainers or developers, and does not accept any liability arising out of any reliance placed on the information they supply, nor can they become involved in any dispute arising after contact has been made with a trainer listed on this database. We do not endorse or recommend any commercial products, processes, or services provided by the trainers and developers. Should you have any concerns regarding any information listed on this database please notify us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.