Vitae Impact and Evaluation Group
The Vitae Impact and Evaluation Group (IEG) exists to provide expertise and leadership to the higher education sector on the evaluation of the professional development of researchers and to inform the strategy and practice of Vitae evaluation-related activities.
For more information about the Vitae Impact and Evaluation Group, contact us or call 01223 460277
To advance global understanding and practice in evaluating the impact of researcher development and researchers careers.
Terms of reference 2013 – 2015
- Develop a programme of activity to support the sector in developing and enhancing their evaluation practice.
- Engage the HE sector in building a robust evidence base on the effectiveness of researcher development.
- Raise the profile of the importance of evaluating the impact of researcher development and researchers.
- Inform Vitae’s and other national and agency policies and practices relating to the evaluation of the professional development of researchers.
- Katie Anders, Consultant, Postdoc Development Centre, Imperial College
- Tony Bromley, Senior Training and Development Officer, University of Leeds
- Iain Cameron, Research Careers and Diversity, RCUK
- Rob Daley, Academic Programme Manager, Herriot-Watt University
- Pam Denicolo, University of Surrey
- Jos Finer, Head of Organisational Development (acting), University of St Andrews
- Ellen Greaves, Research Economist, Institute of Fiscal Studies
- Geraint Johnes, Director of The Work Foundation, Lancaster University (Chair)
- Clare Jones, Senior Careers Adviser, University of Nottingham
- Lucy Leiper, Team Lead Researcher Development, University of Aberdeen
- Janet Metcalfe, Chair and Head, Vitae
- Fiona Phillippi, Deputy Head of Researcher Development, University of Edinburgh
- Natacha Wilson, Evaluation Associate, Researcher Development, University of Cambridge
The IEG has released a number of publications relating to the impact of researcher development in the UK including: