Career satisfaction and the impact of UK doctoral graduates
Data from What Do Researchers Do: Early Career Progression shows that:
- 92% reported high levels of career satisfaction
- 86% felt their doctoral degree experience prepared them well for or helped them progress towards their career aspirations
- 79% thought their doctorate was important in gaining their current job
- 91% believed their doctoral experience helped them to be innovative in the workplace
- 88% believed it helped them to make a difference there
- 80% thought the experience helped them influence the work of others
- 85% believed that it enhanced their quality of life.
RCUK's publication Impacts: People and Skills celebrates researchers who are having an extraordinary impact on society and the economy.