Getting to Grips: Vitae Connections
A Vitae event
Thursday 6 July 2017
Out annual professional development event for anyone who has recently taken on responsibility for supporting researchers in their professional development, whether as a full-time role or as a part-time activity.
All presenters/ facilitators were excellent, informative and engaging - just what this type of event needs. 2015 participant
Developing researchers can be hugely rewarding but often challenging. This introductory event will help you to 'get to grips' with your new role and
- navigate the researcher development landscape, seeing it from institutional, national and international perspectives
- gain insights into how to add value in your role, create impact and effectively engage researchers in their professional development
- concentrate on your own professional development, including enhancing your facilitation skills
- meet other professionals who support researchers in this way.
This one-day professional development event is designed for those with less than 18 months' experience in supporting the professional development of researchers. The event is open to participants from anywhere in the world. For example you might support researchers' through:
- Training and development
- Research administration
- Research supervision
- Staff development
- Doctoral Training Partnerships or Centres
- Graduate Schools
- Careers services
- Research and enterprise offices.
The opportunity to network and hear about other universities was valuable. 2016 participant
The ‘Vitae Connections’ series of events is designed to provide insights, tools and tactics to make you more effective in a researcher development role and to support the continuing professional development of staff supporting researchers.
Vitae CPD certification is available for this event and would provide appropriate evidence against the Careers Framework for Researcher Developers (CFRD), for example, in ‘Training and Development’, ‘Planning and Strategy’ and ‘Underpinning Knowledge’.