Inclusive researcher development #InclusiveRD
A Vitae event
31 January 2017, London
Take advantage of our member early bird offer before 23 December 2016
Latest speakers announced - see right hand bar for more details
This event will explore where and how researcher development happens across the landscape of an organisation. The event will feature perspectives from different parts of an organisation, considering both practice and policy, and there will be opportunity for questions, discussions, networking and practice sharing. Participants will be able to explore different models of researcher development, including formal and informal approaches.
The event will discuss and share experiences on the best way to bring together all the interactions involved in the development of researchers. It will explore questions around who is responsible for the successful outcomes of researcher’s health and well-being, career development and their research.
The impact of researcher development will be considered both in terms of the organisation and desired researcher outcomes. This will include: policy; strategic approaches to inclusive researcher development; formal, informal and incidental learning and showcase a holistic approach to researcher development. The aim is to understand and implement the appropriate measures of success and embed a sustainable solution.
Outcomes of attending this event
By attending this event, participants will
- be able to maximise opportunities for embedding and creating efficiencies in researcher development across an organisation
- be able to engage all potential stakeholders to create the best possible provision
- debate the desired researcher and organisational outcomes of researcher development
- know how to measure the impact of researcher development
- have opportunities for networking and practice-sharing
- invest in their own professional development