Researcher Futures: Establishing Yourself - Productivity and People (For Early Career Researchers)
A Vitae South West and Wales Hub event
PLEASE NOTE THIS COURSE IS NOW FULL AND WE WILL NOT BE ACCEPTING ANY MORE BOOKINGS
A pilot event hosted by the University of Bristol and UWE, Monday 1st September 2014
The course will cover the theme of being more productive and working more effectively with others:
- through inclusion of specific training on: Research Management: including time and task prioritisation skills
- working with others: taking in information and communicating arguments effectively and cultural understanding
- taking the next steps to become a professional effective researcher.
This programme is aimed at research staff who are in their first or second research contract post PhD or equivilent and aspire to become PIs or project team leaders. This programme, therefore, is aimed at allowing Research Staff to step into this role. Those individuals whose career aspirations do not involve progressing ‘up' the research ladder (e.g. stay in their current role, or take their skills outside of the research environment) will also benefit from this training which will highlight that skills are transferable readily to other environments.
- 10 places are available to staff from the University of Bristol
- 6 places are available to staff from UWE
- 16 places are available free of charge to research staff from other institutions in the SWW Hub.