Every Researcher Counts Train the Trainer SWW & Midlands Hubs
A Vitae SWW and Midlands Hub event
- Struggling to know how to meet RCUK's statement of expectations for equality and diversity?
- Looking for short sessions and targeted materials to embed equality and diversity issues into your training programme?
Vitae's ‘Every Researcher Counts' flexible suite of resources can help. These resources are for staff developers and principal investigators to ensure that, in relation to research staff, equality and diversity issues are understood, visible and prioritised in HEIs.
This one day ‘Train the Trainer' event will provide an opportunity for you to:
- learn about the Every Researcher Counts materials
- look at NEW Resources which have been developed for Research Staff themselves
- understand how the materials can be used within your own training and development programmes for Research Managers, Principal Investigators and Supervisors
- create and refine an operational plan for implementation with staff from your own institution*
- take the first step towards ensuring the RCUK statement of expectations are met by your own institution.
*This train the trainer event is open to all HEIs in the UK but with priority for places for participants in the South West and Wales and Midlands Hub regions.
In order to get the most from the training we recommend that each HEI sends at least 2-3 members of staff from the following list, in order to ensure coverage across the HEI.
- Staff Developer responsible for the development of Principal Investigators/Supervisors
- Equality and Diversity specialist
- HR specialist
- Research Manager
- PVC for Research or equivalent.