Vitae GRADschool - November 2014
A Vitae event
Windermere, Tuesday 18 November - Thursday 20 November 2014
There have been hundreds of GRADschools all around the country over the years and thousands of researchers have benefited from taking part, with 93% saying they now feel motivated to complete their doctorate.
This course has been specifically tailored over the years to suit the 2nd and 3rd year PhD researchers, but is also relevant to doctoral researchers who are just starting out in research and would like to focus on their professional development. It was designed to support you in making informed choices about what you would like to do next, motivate you to write up and challenge your assumptions about your skills.
You will understand the transferability of your skills, experience a range of employment settings and gain practical strategies and tips for being more effective.
As a result of the programme, you will:
- develop your professional and personal effectiveness
- broaden your skills for becoming a more effective researcher, such as communication, team working, project planning, and decision-making.
- plan and manage the next steps of your career
- understand yourself and challenge your assumptions
Participants will have the opportunity to:
- meet doctoral researchers from a variety of disciplines, backgrounds countries, and career stages
- work with experienced tutors as role models who openly share their career experiences both of research and other careers
- find out what it's like to be a consultant
- experience a mock interview, as an interviewer and interviewee
- have their CV reviewed by career specialists
- practice building and working in a successful team
The cost of the programme is £695 + VAT per person however book before 31 August and the price is only £640 + VAT per person. The price includes three day attendance, materials, accommodation and meals. Travel to the venue is not included. The invoice for the course will be sent to the invoicee entered below.
Reductions available for bookings of three or more.
If you prefer to pay by credit card please contact 01223 448527.