Leadership in Action
A Vitae event
Windermere, Tuesday 4 March - Friday 7 March 2014
Every organisation needs great leadership. Dynamic and purposeful leaders can literally change the world. In academia the very best leaders are self-aware, skilful communicators with excellent people skills.
Vitae's most popular programme since its launch in 2009, Leadership in Action is a three-day course designed to develop leadership skills in researchers. The course focusses on identifying and honing your own personal leadership style. It will bring leadership to all aspects of your personal and professional life.
“This course has been a life changing experience for me. It was very inspirational and I have recommended it to all of my colleagues and friends.”
Leadership in Action participant 2009
Join us for Leadership in Action, a three-day course, in the beautiful Lake District, which will enable you to explore your leadership capabilities and receive feedback on your performance in a safe supportive environment.
Whether you are following an academic career path, working in commercial research or considering your career options, you will:
- understand a range of leadership styles
- develop as an effective leader of people and teams
- use strengths and achievements to create success
- build confidence in leadership abilities in a range of situations
- gain advantage in highly competitive employment situations.
All in a safe, supportive environment
"There is no passion to be found playing small - in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living."
Staff researchers, postgraduates or those working in academic leadership positions will be able to:
- work with a team of proven leaders from a range of career backgrounds
- experience and understand the impact of different leadership styles on those being led
- acknowledge personal values and how these affect decisions
- engage with researchers from a variety of disciplines, backgrounds and career stages
- receive feedback on personal leadership styles and identify how these can be developed further.
Leadership in Action delivers measurable growth in all four areas of resilient leadership:
- leadership presence
- resilient decision making
- clarity of direction.
Learn from experienced leaders
Leadership in Action is delivered by an outstanding team of professional coaches. They have extensive experience working with researchers at all stages of their careers. As well as sharing their knowledge and experience, they will work closely with you through the programme to help you develop your own, authentic leadership style.