D1 - Mentoring schemes: coordination, data management and technology
|Strand||All Researchers (practice)|
|Presenters||Mr Jos Finer - Staff Developer (Research Staff), University of St Andrews|
- the value of mentoring schemes to support professional and career development
- typical work flows and key administrative processes in centrally coordinated mentoring schemes
- data generated by mentoring schemes and data management issues
- approaches to administration and data management for mentoring schemes
- using technology effectively to create adaptability, efficiency and capacity in mentoring schemes.
By the end of the workshop, participants:
- had a clear appreciation of the typical administrative processes associated with coordinating mentoring schemes
- understood the scope and scale of data generated by mentoring schemes
- were aware of the advantages and disadvantages of different approaches to the administration of mentoring schemes
- appreciated the value of making effective use of technology to support mentoring schemes, such as the technology solution developed at the University of St Andrews.
Workshop including group work, discussion, presentation and demonstration.