B7 - The impact of researcher development on doctoral outcomes: e.g. time to completion, papers submitted
|Presenters||Dr Robin Humphrey - Reader, and Director of Postgraduate Research Training, Newcastle University
Dr Richy Hetherington - Research Student Development Co-ordinator: Faculty of Medical Sciences, Newcastle University
Dr Tony Bromley - Senior Training and Development Officer, University of Leeds, , Coordinator, Vitae Yorkshire and North East Hub, IEG
The workshop covered:
- the relationship between attending research training and factors that are seen as positive outcomes of doctoral education
- the analysis of the ‘tangibles'; time to completion, publications etc
- the analysis of the less tangible; independent thinking, resilience etc
- impact measurement methodology.
- were provided with initial findings of studies whilst considering the impact of research training on doctoral outcomes
- had the opportunity to consider and discuss the findings of the studies in respect of doctoral outcomes
- had the opportunity to input into developing future studies in this area
- learn about the methodologies used in the studies.
Presentation and open discussion.