A2 - Understanding and enhancing researcher development using the Postgraduate Research Experience Survey
|Presenters||Dr Paul Bennett - Head of Surveys, Higher Education Academy|
This session covered:
- key findings from the new PRES survey
- discussion of the results, specifically around what they told us about postgraduate researchers experience of development (and what else we need to know)
- consideration of how survey findings can best be used to inform and stimulate enhancements to researcher development.
- gained awareness of the key findings from PRES 2013 and an understanding of their implications
- gained an increased understanding of how surveying researchers can help drive enhancement, as well as the challenges involved
- obtained specific ideas for using the results to inform enhancements to postgraduate researcher development
Information, interaction and discussion. Participation was welcomed from those who would like to provide feedback about their experiences with the survey, as well as those who wish to come along and find out more.