C8 - The Pathway to independence; A collaborative initiative to help develop future scientific leaders
|Presenters||Dr Amy Moore - Researcher Development Officer, Institute of Cancer Research
Ms Janet Storey - Performance and Development Business Partner, BBSRC
- key challenges faced by postdocs moving into team leader roles and the potential ways researcher developers can help
- designing and effectively marketing a successful development programme that is highly sought after by busy researchers and championed by high profile academics
- logistics of organising the programme, particularly supporting academics to lead the sessions themselves
- lessons learned from running the pilot scheme and plans for ongoing support.
- gained an appreciation for the benefits and challenges of running a leadership programme in collaboration with peer organisations
- learned what postdocs rated most useful from the programme and what could be further developed or improved
- shared experience and practices for supporting postdocs preparing for independence at their own institutions.
Presentation, small group discussion and feedback.