D4 - The future is RED - a progressive model for researcher engagement and development
|Strand||All Researchers (practice)|
|Presenters||Dr Mary-Alice Clancy - Researcher Development Officer, University of Aberdeen
Dr Rhiannon Thompson - Engagement Project Officer, University of Aberdeen
Ms Heather Doran - Public Engagement with Research Project Officer, University of Aberdeen
- an interactive demonstration of how public engagement skills are an integral component of researcher development
- an understanding of how we can use public engagement as an anchor for wider professional development and to help researchers to embrace the researcher development framework more broadly
- case studies from the University of Aberdeen
- a final discussion session shared experiences from other institutions.
by the end of the workshop participants:
- developed a greater understanding of how to creatively use public engagement as a route to embed professional development within an academic context
- understood that public engagement is an integral component of researcher development
- understood more about embedding public engagement as a pathway to impact
- took away new ideas to embed public engagement in researcher development
- gained an appreciation for the wider applications of skills developed through public engagement.
Simulation, interaction, information and discussion.