A1 - Trends and challenges in postgraduate participation and funding
|Presenters||Ms Emma Creasey - Higher Education Policy Adviser (Postgraduate Policy), HEFCE
Dr Steven Hill - Head of Research Policy, HEFCE
The workshop covered:
Current issues in PGR participation and funding, including:
- HEFCE's work on postgraduate trends and transition into postgraduate courses, with a particular focus on PGR
- update on HEFCE workstrands
- potential barriers to postgraduate education Future Funding of PGR.
- participants gained an understanding of current trends in postgraduate provision and HEFCE's approach
- participants fed back to HEFCE colleagues on experiences from their own institutions
- participants had the opportunity to contribute to the development of HEFCE postgraduate policy
- identification and discussion of key issues around PGR participation and funding.
Presentation followed by discussion.