Vitae 3MT competition 2017 process
Vitae will host a 2017 Three Minute Thesis ® (3MT) competition. The competition will be open to any Vitae member organisation holding a 3MT competition for its own researchers until the end of June 2017
Format for 3MT 2017
Single institutions or pairs/groups of institutions holding 3MT competitions should conform to the rules set out by the University of Queensland at www.threeminutethesis.org.
- Each institution needs to register their intention to hold a 3MT competition with both the University of Queensland and Vitae. It is important that the University of Queensland's revised criteria is applied to all 3MT competitions. Vitae judges will be scoring using the revised criteria
- The 3MT branding guidelines publicised by the University of Queensland should be followed on all web pages, printed and other materials associated with local competitions
- Our UK semi-final will be an online event
- Our UK final will be a live event, held at the 2017 Vitae Researcher Development International Conference during the gala dinner on Monday 11 September.
- At the final a judges’ choice winner and a people’s choice winner will be chosen.
- The video entry to the semi-final should be provided to Vitae by early July (exact date to be advised). It is advisable for you have this ready by 30 June 2017
- The online semi-final will run during July and August
- The six finalists will be announced by mid August (exact date to be advised)
- The final will take place in Manchester on 11 September 2017. All six finalists will need to attend in person and will present to the Vitae conference participants.
- Doctoral candidates who have not yet had their viva at the time of the local competition will be eligible to enter this national competition
- Semi-final entries may be filmed during the local competition or separately
- The same rules apply to the online stage as apply to the live events (1 slide, no props, 3 minutes maximum etc)
- No individual entries to the online semi-finals are permitted. Semi-finalists must be winners of a local competition. Only a single winner per institution may be put forward to the Vitae competition.
- Details of how to enter the online semi-final will be publicised to all Vitae member institutions, online and details will be sent directly to those who express an interest in joining the 2017 competition
- Participating institutions should be prepared to cover expenses incurred by winners taking part in the nation-wide competition, such as travel and accommodation costs for the live final
- Details of entries to the 2017 competition are on the Vitae website.
Contact us at 3MT@vitae.ac.uk or call 01223 460277