Special interest session application form
Submission deadline 22 July 2016
Special interest sessions will last 30 minutes and offer an opportunity to explore an area that does not clearly fit into a workshop because:
- it relates to the workshop themes, but is a specialist topic of interest to only some participants
- it has a flexible, exploratory structure for example of an initial or undeveloped idea, or includes a commercial product
- it shares emerging outcomes/ results from a project that you would like to discuss with other interested participants
Special interest sessions are an optional aspect on the conference programme. Participants are likely to attend only sessions of particular interest to them.
Critical dates for proposing a special interest session
The deadline for proposing special interest sessions is 17.00 on Friday 22 July 2016.
We will let you know whether your proposal has been successful by Friday 5 August. If successful, the information you have provided will be published for participants.
All proposals are subject to approval by the conference Advisory Board. Please complete the application form to submit a proposal.
Information on special interest session presenters’ conference rates
- Special interest session presenters are entitled to a 10% discount on the conference rate. This cannot be combined with any other discount. However Vitae membership discount still applies
- The reduced rate is restricted to a maximum of two presenters per special interest. If a third presenter wishes to attend the conference they will be charged the appropriate conference rate applies.
- If your special interest proposal is successful, all presenters will be asked to book their conference place online.