Vitae Researcher Development International Conference 2017
Call for content open - Submit your proposal by 2nd June 2017
We are delighted to open bookings for Vitae's flagship 2017 Researcher Development International Conference, which will take place on 11-12 September 2017 in Birmingham.
In the year that the UK celebrates 100 years of the modern PhD, the 2017 Vitae Researcher Development International Conference will explore:
- enhancing organisational capacity for innovative professional development to maintain research excellence
- attracting and retaining highly skilled researchers including global, European and UK policy developments
- meeting the future development needs of researchers for a wide range of careers in and beyond academia
- evidencing the value of researcher development and its impact on research and innovation outputs, researcher careers, economic prosperity and society
The Vitae Conference is the largest dedicated event that brings together all those with a strategic and practical role in developing researchers. Last year's event saw around 400 participants, the largest number yet, including researcher development practitioners, trainers, career specialists, heads of graduate schools, pro-vice chancellors, funders, research managers and other professionals from the UK and abroad. Participants at the conference will:
- explore the political context and instruments for embedding researcher development, including the HR Excellence in Research Award and the review of the UK Concordat
- discuss strategic and practical ways of sustaining professional and career development for research staff and postgraduate researchers
- share ideas and practice with a network of colleagues who have a stake in developing researchers.
The conference will feature the 2017 UK Final of the Three Minute Thesis Competition 3MT®, that challenges doctoral candidates to present their research and its significance in just three minutes.
Didn't attend the Vitae 2016 Conference?
Catch up on last year's presentations and publications:
- Reflections from the 2016 conference
- Presentations from the 2016 conference
- View photographs from the 2016 conference