Focus on Enterprise
The research environment offers many opportunities for enterprising individuals. As a researcher you have probably already developed relevant knowledge and skills.
In our newest publication, we define enterprise as ‘a set of capabilities and attitudes than can enable a culture of innovation, creativity, risk taking and opportunism’. If you would like to find out about what it takes to develop an enterprising mindset, register to the website at no cost and read The enterprising researcher booklet and check other associated resources below…....
Register to read our newest booklet on practicing an enterprising mindset with:
- Exercises on which skills you need to develop
- Case studies of researchers turned entrepreneurs
- Practical advice on finance and patents
To help you take the steps towards your own business, Vitae held a FREE 45-minute live video event via a Google+ Hangout entitled: How to start a business after your PhD? Watch the video from the event here
- Impact days in Leeds and Huddersfield by Vitae and the Entrepreneurs and Education Programme
- How to start a business after your PhD? Google Hangout
- Working the Crowd: Crowdfunding platforms by the Enterprise Educators
- Enhancing employability through enterprise in education by The Enterprise Educators
- Entrepreneurs and Education - diary of events