Focus on equality and diversity
Our current Focus on theme is part of Every Researcher Counts, a series of activities addressing equality and diversity in research.
Equality and diversity is a term used in the UK to define and champion equality, diversity and human rights as defining values of society. It promotes equality of opportunity for all, giving every individual the chance to achieve their potential, free from prejudice and discrimination.
In higher education these activities focus on ensuring that mainstreaming equality and diversity becomes a priority for UK HEIs in the forthcoming years.
With only 21% UK professors being female and 0.4% of UK professors being black, it is clear that there remains a long way to go.
Below, you will find a list of upcoming activities devoted to the topic of the equality and diversity in research.
- Actions for all - 10 practical actions to address equality and diversity
- Our series of briefings and guides for staff on equality and diversity
- Presentations from the Vitae Equality and Diversity Conference
Based at Vitae member institution?Join us in the Researcher development practice group of the Vitae Member Community to share practice and ideas on improving equality for researchers at your institution.
Read our reflections on the Every Researcher Counts conference, which took place this January.
NOW AVAILABLE, a new suite of development resources form Vitae, for use by institutions to support the equality and diversity in research
- NOW AVAILABLE Every Researcher Counts scenarios for principal investigators and ECU guidance
- NOW AVAILABLEAchieving your best as research staff: Preparing for your professional development conversations
- NOW AVAILABLETrain The Trainer pack
The publications will be available for download for users based at the Vitae membership organisations.
Previous Focus on Themes
There are currently no items.