Vitae programme 2015/16
This programme has been shaped by members, for example, through consultation at regional member meetings and feedback from events. It builds on the success of the 2014/15 programme.
The 2015/16 programme is split into four ‘Focus on’ themes, providing events and resources to support the professional development of doctoral researchers and research staff, the engagement of principal investigators and supervisors in professional development, and the continuing professional development of staff supporting researchers.
Focus on inductions: August to October 2015
- Resources and information to help new doctoral researchers to make a successful start
- Induction materials pack for researcher developers at member organisations
- Focus on starting your PhD page.
- Vitae Researcher Developer International Conference, Manchester 8-9th September
- Final of the Vitae Three Minute Thesis competition 2015.
Focus on open research: November 2015 to January 2016
- Resources to support doctoral candidates and research staff to navigate the changing expectations of being an ‘open researcher’
- , Leeds 1st December.
Focus on leadership: February to April 2016
- Resources for researchers to help them aspire to leadership. Related events will focus on the policy and strategic aspects of leadership development for future research leaders and at leadership from the researcher development practitioner perspective
- Developing the next generation of leaders, London 26th January
- Vitae Connections: Leadership, Glasgow 28th April.
Focus on mentoring: May to July 2016
- Resources related to capacity building and institutional strengthening through mentoring
- Mentoring webinar, dates coming soon!
Member networking seminars: March to May 2016
- Transitions in employment (SWW): 21 March 2016, University of Gloucestershire
- Professional development for researcher developers (London), 13 April, Queen Mary University London
- Engaging senior managers (SE): 14 April 2016, University of Portsmouth
- Research into researcher development (YNE), 5 May 2016, Durham University
- Digital researchers (SNI), 9 May 2016, Scotland and Northern Ireland
- Researcher development for non-linear career paths, Birmingham 7th June
- Vitae Connections: Getting to grips, London 19th July.