Bookings open: Vitae Researcher Development International Conference 2015
We are delighted to be opening bookings for the Vitae Researcher Development International Conference. This annual event is the largest dedicated event that brings together all those with a strategic and practical role in developing researchers to address topics, such as:
- The increasing importance of researcher career development within the European Research Area – European Commission
- Emerging data on the career paths and experiences of doctoral graduates and postdoctoral researchers in the US – National Science Foundation
- Open research and the implication for developing researchers for the future
- Latest developments on the support and funding for UK doctoral education – HEFCE
The conference will also feature:
- The results of the Careers in Research Online Survey (CROS) 2015 exploring the views and experiences of research staff employed in UK universities
- The results of the Principal Investigators Research Leaders Survey (PIRLS) 2015 exploring the views of those who manage research staff in UK universities
- The final of the UK 3 Minute Thesis competition which takes place before dinner with an RCUK and NCCPE sponsored prize of £3000 for the winner.
- Additional speakers include Karina Prasad, Head of Office, Office of Postdoctoral Affairs, University of Cambridge; Dr Miguel Jorge, Lecturer, University of Strathclyde and Voice of Researchers, Professor Tristram Hooley, Professor of Careers Education, Head of ICeGS, University of Derby – further speakers to be announced.
Early bird booking discounts are available until Friday 17 July
Vitae is also still inviting colleagues to submit proposals for workshops or special interest sessions. The deadline for all submissions is Monday 8 June
Please feel free to forward this information to any colleagues or networks who will be interested in the conference and get in touch our Events team or phone 01223 448527 if you have any queries.