Midlands Hub and Midlands Energy Consortium joint event is a success
The Vitae Midlands Hub in collaboration with the Midlands Energy Consortium ran a Digital Researcher Event on 19th October. Over 30 researchers from across the UK attended the workshop to learn and understand more about how social media can be used by researchers. Emma Gilaspy (@vitaenwhub) and Tristram Hooley (@pigironjoe) facilitated the day and provided useful and interesting tips on managing your digital profile and making the most of the digital environment for your research.
Tristram Hooley blogged about the day.
We ran an event on using social media for research today.
- Our presentation http://adventuresincareerdevelopment.posterous.com/digital-researcher-notting...
- Our handout http://www.slideshare.net/vitaenwhub/digital-researcher-handout-19-102012-147...
I was really impressed with what participants in #dr12vitae came up with today.
Have a look at what they produced
- Five exciting new steps to carry home after the workshop https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lKIkvZEeXjg6eCjt1DNanFHxzf08qUbM5to-B6eOF...
- Reviews of different citation managers https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xopx7ntziqu5cti/hA8TNHNxqk
- A rough guide to citation management http://phdminx.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/a-rough-guide-to-citation-management.ht....html
- How social media can support a PhD researcher http://prezi.com/_bura22tynmf/tester/
- Making the most of the digital environment http://prezi.com/kelxcbu3d_ls/digital-researcher/?auth_key=311d0fa6f30460de45...
- A LinkedIn group for #dr12vitae http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=4679078&trk=group-name
Then at the end we got people to send an email to their future me
A great day!