Preview of Vitae Conference announcements
Countdown begins to Vitae's largest event bringing together all of those passionate about the professional development of researchers!
Here's the preview of new initiatives, research outcomes and projects, which are being announced or discussed at the Vitae researcher development international conference this year.
- Publication of ‘What do research staff do next?’ exploring the experiences and career paths of former research staff across Europe who are working in other occupations
- 'Women in research' publication summarising career trends of female researchers in academia and beyond, from the UK and Europe
- A Concordat discussion paper to prompt institutions to consider how they are supporting all staff engaged in research
- An update on the UK HR Excellence in Research Award in light of the European Union referendum
- Vitae 2016/17 annual programme focusing on four important quarterly themes: Getting started as a researcher, Planning ahead to manage your career, Work-life balance and wellbeing, Navigating the research environment
- Continued professional development activities for researcher developers through Connections, including Getting to Grips for new staff and the first residential Career Development Summer School in 2017
- The final of the Three Minute Thesis (3MT®) competition sponsored by Taylor & Francis with RCUK providing prize-level sponsorship and Speakezee providing the People’s Choice prize to speak at the Royal Institution.
Make sure to tune into the #vitae16 Twitter channel between 12-13 September 2016 to join the conversation with the largest group of career professionals involved in researcher development.