Vitae RDF Planner developments
Last autumn, in response to calls from the sector, Vitae launched . The Planner is an easy-to-use web application that enables researchers to work with the internationally acclaimed Vitae Researcher Development Framework to identify their expertise and capabilities, plan their professional development, set personal targets and demonstrate evidence of success.
UK institutions undertaking the Planner pilot have access to:
- webinars to discuss the functionality of the Planner
- a community of practice hosted on an online Forum where institutions can share ideas and discuss issues pertinent to the pilot with other institutions, including researcher engagement, technical developments, evaluation, and feedback about future developments
Further developments to the Vitae RDF Planner have already been undertaken as a result of the feedback gathered from pilots. In the next few weeks researchers will be able to:
- upload their own files to evidence actions undertaken
- view the Planner through one of our RDF lenses, which focus on the knowledge, behaviours and attributes which are important in enterprise, information literacy, engineering, leadership, public engagement and teaching, et al.
- use the Planner in an AA standard accessibility mode.
The RDF Planner is now available by organisation subscription*, based on the size of the cohort of researchers wishing to use the Planner, and will soon also be available by individual researcher subscription. For more information about subscription charges, visit www.vitae.ac.uk/rdfplanner
Take up a subscription, or discuss trialling the Planner with Jen Reynolds.