HR Excellence in Research Award: Vitae's role
Vitae have been involved in the HR Excellence in Research initiative since 2005, when the European Charter for Researchers and Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers was launched at the UK presidency conference, and we are proud of the role we have played in helping so many UK institutions to achieve the HR Excellence in Research Award.
- agreed the UK process to allow submissions based on implementation strategies for existing UK requirements and guidelines rather than multiple reporting
- continues to work with the European Commission (EC) and the Concordat Strategy Group to agree approaches to the review process
- keeps up to date with European Commission thinking and provides briefings for UK and Vitae member institutions
- reviews and provides feedback to institutions on both initial submissions and submissions for the on-going review process
- publishes reports and undertakes research to support the process
- manages the Concordat Strategy and Executive Groups
- plays a strong support and co-ordination role in both the Careers in Research Online Survey and the Principal Investigators and Research Leaders Survey: biennial surveys that enable institutions to measure implementation progress and make comparisons with the national picture and groups of other institutions
- co-ordinates UK input to EC plans for European certification of HR management for researchers
We would be happy to talk to Vitae member organisations from outside the UK about support we offer.