HR Excellence in Research Award: Vitae support for institutions
There are a number of advantages for UK institutions in making an application through the UK process including:
- The strategy and action plan relate to implementation of the Concordat and QAA Quality Code: Chapter B11: Research degrees. There is no need to prepare additional plans to meet an alternative but related sets of principles
- Institutions benefit from the co-ordination and support provided by Vitae as detailed below, including efficiencies of resources.
For institutions interested in engaging with the HR Excellence in Research initiative Vitae offers:
- individual advice including:
- general queries about the Award and submission process and criteria
- feedback on drafts, in advance of final submission
- information and reminders on submission deadlines and dates at which internal and external reviews are due for each Award holder
- support and co-ordination of the UK review panel including:
- collation and allocation of submissions to panel members
- management of panel meetings for submission reviews
- co-ordination and management of panel comments for individual organisations and feedback to institutions
- delivery of formal acknowledgements on achieving the Award and required documentation
- publicity for institutions on gaining and retaining the HR Excellence in Research Award
- co-ordination of input on European Commission plans for future developments
- opportunities to share practice with others who seek and hold the Award through face-to-face events and virtual networks.
We would be happy to talk to Vitae member organisations from outside the UK about support we offer.