Professional development planning for researchers online course (PDP ROC)
Professional development planning (PDP) is a key component of career progression. This online course, developed for researchers who want to make the most of opportunities and create new ones, covers all stages in the process.
It's suitable for researchers at any career stage and can be used together with institutional provision. It will be particularly useful for those who are:
- part-time or working alongside home commitments
- working towards a professional doctorate
- working at a distance from their institution
- transnational and international researchers.
You can dip in and out of the different modules of this course, though if PDP is new to you, you may find it better to work though the modules in order.
- Explore the meaning of professional development planning in your own professional area
- You will be introduced to the Vitae Researcher Development Framework (RDF)
- Consider what broader expertise and experiences you are developing through your research activities
- Carry out an analysis of your own professional experience and expertise
- Explore your learning preferences
- You will survey the upcoming research activities that you are likely to undertake
- Identify expertise areas for further development
- Prioritise your development in the context of broader goals