Conditions of Use: Press-ready files
A press-ready file (publication) is a high-resolution pdf version of a publication that includes bleed and crop marks and enables a polished professional high quality print.
The following conditions of use relate to all press-ready files developed and made available by Vitae, which is managed by CRAC: The Career Development Organisation.
The aims of these terms and conditions are to:
- protect Vitae press-ready files and the resulting publications from inappropriate use
- protect the integrity of Vitae press-ready files and the resulting publications
- ensure that Vitae member institutions benefit from access to high-quality materials
Conditions of Use
[Title of press-ready file] published by The Careers Research and Advisory Centre (CRAC) Limited
Vitae, © 2015 The Careers Research and Advisory Centre (CRAC) Limited.
Vitae press-ready files may be reproduced in print format, provided that in all cases:
- Press-ready files are only reproduced with permission from Vitae and with appropriate acknowledgement
- Press-ready files are not modified, adapted, translated or have derivative works created from without permission from Vitae
- Press-ready files and their resulting publications are only reproduced and distributed for the duration of the Vitae membership
- Press-ready files are not reproduced or distributed outside of these permissions, including any open-access or online publication, such as to an institutional repository or webpage
- Press-ready files and their resulting publications are only reproduced and distributed by and to the staff and students of Vitae member institutions
- Press-ready files and their resulting publications are reproduced and distributed strictly for non-commercial training and development purposes
All Vitae Materials including the press-ready files may only be modified, adapted, translated or have derivative works created from, upon the permission form Vitae. For these purposes please email.
If Vitae Press-ready Materials are required for any purpose outside the permission contained in these terms including but not limited to (a) distribution or communication to the public (b) any commercial use, including use for-profit, for commercial advantage or for cost-recovery (c) use outside of the higher education sector in a manner not set out above, please contact or write to the following address:
Vitae, c/o CRAC
2nd Floor, Sheraton House,
Cambridge, CB3 0AX
Intellectual Property Rights
All rights in the Vitae Press-ready Materials shall remain with CRAC and, save as expressly set out in these terms or as permitted in accordance with the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 (or equivalent provisions under the laws of copyright in force in other countries), are reserved. The copyright and any other intellectual property rights in any adaptations or resulting from any use of the Vitae Press-ready Materials shall belong to and shall be assigned (by way of present assignment of future rights) to CRAC.
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the Vitae Press-ready Materials are accurate and complete, CRAC is not responsible for any errors or omissions, factual or otherwise, and does not accept any liability arising out of any reliance placed on the information contained within these materials.
CRAC may revise these conditions of use from time to time. Revised conditions of use will apply to the use of the Vitae Press-ready Materials from the date of the publication of the revised conditions of use on our website. Please check this page regularly to ensure you are familiar with the current version.
Terms and conditions of use last amended: July 2015